bewareverb [ only in infinitive and imperative ]uk /bɪˈweər/ us /bɪˈwer/
Beware of the dog.
- The sign on the gate said 'Beware of the Dog'.
- It is icy on that pathway in the mornings, so beware.
- You should beware of fraudsters offering overpriced treatments over the internet.
- Beware anyone who offers you a second-hand car at a bargain price.
- A red reflective triangle warns drivers to beware when there is a hazard ahead.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (I) told you (so)! idiom
- (just) you wait idiom
- cautionary tale
- do you want to make something/anything of it? idiom
- early warning system
- emergency cord
- fire a (warning) shot across sb's bow idiom
- ring/sound alarm bells idiom
- wake-up call
- warning/alarm bells start to ring/sound idiom