beyondpreposition, adverbuk /biˈjɒnd/ us /-ˈjɑːnd/
beyond preposition, adverb (FURTHER AWAY)
beyond preposition, adverb (OUTSIDE A LIMIT)
- How she manages to fit so much into a working day is beyond my comprehension .
- The pain was bad beyond endurance.
- We did so well - beyond all our expectations.
- If traffic increases beyond a certain level, the city grinds to a halt .
- These tests are beyond the capability of an average twelve-year-old.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
beyond preposition, adverb (NOT UNDERSTAND)