bias noun (PREFERENCE)
There has always been a slight bias in favour of/towards employing liberal arts graduates in the company.
- The radio station was said to have a strong left-wing bias.
- Have you noticed any bias in the reporting of the Middle East situation in the media?
- There was a clear racial bias in the selection of candidates.
- The teacher seems to have a bias towards the girls in her class.
- This is a clear example of the bias found in historical accounts of the war.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: