biblenoun [ C or S ]uk /ˈbaɪ.bəl/ us /ˈbaɪ.bəl/
› usually Bible, also Holy Bible (a copy of) the holy book of the Christian religion consisting of the Old and New Testaments, or the holy book of the Jewish religion consisting of the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings:
- According to the Bible, an angel told Mary that she would have God's son Jesus.
- In some countries, witnesses in court have to swear on the Bible.
- He's always quoting from the Bible.
- The Bible says that God created the world.
- It is difficult for many people to accept a literal interpretation of the Bible.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: