bibliophilenoun [ C ]us uk /ˈbɪb.li.ə.faɪl/ formal
Examples from literature
- He was also an eminent bibliophile, possessing a library of thirty thousand volumes.
- It is a process, as readers may know, not good for the book, and I thought the illustrious statesman and bibliophile looked a little embarrassed.
- Rachel, however, not being in the slightest degree a bibliophile, discerned no interest whatever in the title-page.
- The Court of Naples also might boast of some illustrious bibliophiles.
- Though no bibliophile himself, he was anxious that everything should be done that could promote the interests of literature.