birth certificatenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɜːθ səˌtɪf.ɪ.kət/ us /ˈbɝːθ sɚˌtɪf.ɪ.kət/
Examples from literature
- I had to get her birth certificate when her father died, and I fancy I've got it by me yet."
- I've only got to attach my birth certificate, and there you are.
- In every country where the majority of births are illegitimate it is an obvious social necessity that the names of both parents should be duly registered on all birth certificates.
- Nobody carries about with him birth certificate or memoranda of identification and relationship.
- The commune referred to in the birth certificate was Tours.