Black Marianoun [ C ]uk /ˌblæk məˈraɪ.ə/ us /ˌblæk məˈraɪ.ə/ old-fashioned
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- However, the young detective had no time to ponder over the circumstance, for a rumble of wheels now announced the approach of that lugubrious vehicle, the Black Maria.
- In the Black Maria, she nodded.
- The idea of Mrs. Wells being dragged shrieking down Fifth Avenue or being carted away from her house in a Black Maria filled him with dismay.
- While I stood there waiting and staring out into the prison court-yard, there came, rolling and rumbling in, a Black Maria.
- Wonder if they've got the Black Maria outside?