blackguardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblæɡ.ɑːd/ /ˈblæɡ.əd/ us /ˈblæɡ.ɑːrd/ /ˈblæɡ.ɚd/ old-fashioned
Examples from literature
- But alas for all our romances, he was nothing but a loud, profane, offensive, old blackguard!
- I have had much fun out of these "tipsters," for they are deliciously impudent blackguards.
- Otherwise you might have carried to your grave the fear instilled into your soul by that blackguard.
- You tell me that you're not disgraced, and yet you are out at midnight with a young blackguard like that!
- You were a coward as well as a blackguard.