blasphemeverb [ I or T ]uk /ˌblæsˈfiːm/ us /ˌblæsˈfiːm/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
- Sometimes he would rave and blaspheme.
- The madman raving in his chains still remembers his God, to bless or blaspheme his name.
- To this Jesus, whom he had so often blasphemed and betrayed by word and conduct, he would now be able with equal publicity to promise obedience and fidelity.
- When men blaspheme we should pray and be silent, and not carry wood to the fire.