blood rednoun [ U ]uk /ˌblʌd ˈred/ us /ˌblʌd ˈred/
adjective uk us
Examples from literature
- The maples along its banks had turned—blood red and splendid as the banners of lost youth.
- The moon, drifting into the west, became blood red.
- The trees on our side of the river were still green, on the other bank they were bright orange, blood red and all the tints of a Serbian autumn.
- The water in the basin gleamed, in the lantern light, blood red.
- The yellow changed to amber and later to a blood red.