blood relationnoun [ C ]uk /ˌblʌd rɪˈleɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌblʌd rɪˈleɪ.ʃən/ also blood relative
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Among many of the old families only blood relations are expected to eat and drink together on this holy day.
- I have no other blood relations in Europe and know nothing of some distant cousins who live in Australia.
- My parents were blood relations—cousins in the second degree—my mother, whose maiden name was Minor, having descended from a collateral branch of my father's family.
- Some, with blood relations in the States, refused point blank to take up arms.
- The priests also instruct the boys on their duty to their blood relations, and teach them the secrets of the tribe.