blood vesselnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblʌd ˌves.əl/ us /ˈblʌd ˌves.əl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Give directions for checking the flow of blood from small and from large blood vessels.
- The blood vessels and their branches that carry blood from the heart to all parts of the body.
- The epithelium, like the cuticle, is without blood vessels, nerves, or glands.
- Tumors like the tissues of the normal body are nourished by the blood and contain blood vessels often in great numbers.
- You see in fishes the blood vessels come into the gills and get the oxygen.