bloodhoundnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblʌd.haʊnd/ us /ˈblʌd.haʊnd/
Examples from literature
- Even the barking of the bloodhounds was heard but seldom, and then far in the distance.
- He's cocker spaniel and bloodhound, and he knows things, that dog.
- I'll bet her pa's got the Law out combing the woods with bloodhounds!
- The dogs I saw were all mongrels with sometimes a retriever, bloodhound or Great Dane strain.
- We found the dogs in the stable, and I recalled the deep baying of the night when a fine bloodhound and two great Danes leaped out to greet us.