blowverbuk /bləʊ/ us /bloʊ/ blew, blown
blow verb (SEND OUT AIR)
blow verb (DESTROY)
- There was an overload on the electrical circuit and the fuse blew.
- My hairdrier's stopped working - I think the fuse has blown.
- The car was blown to bits.
- So many films nowadays involve everyone and everything being blown to smithereens.
- There was a picture in the paper of a man whose leg had been blown off.
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- fall in
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
blow verb (SPEND)
blownounuk /bləʊ/ us /bloʊ/
blow noun (HIT)
blow noun (BAD EVENT)
- a (heavy) cross to bear idiom
- a bitter pill (to swallow) idiom
- a hard/tough nut to crack idiom
- hot potato
- the chill wind of sth idiom
- the hard way idiom
- the sharp end
- the/a devil of a sth idiom
- thorn in your flesh/side idiom
blow noun (AIR)
blow noun (DRUG)