Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- After racking his imagination, it occurred to him to bribe the blowsy waiting-maid with gold.
- By this time Mary had dried her tears, and when they reached the station at Warren, she removed her veil, disclosing to view a face, which instead of being "rough and blowsy" was smooth and fair almost as marble.
- Edward Henry bought an aster from a fine bold, red-cheeked, blowsy, dirty wench with a baby in her arms, and left some change for the baby.
- She is blowsy and fat, has far too much color, and carries too much flesh in spite of the rough way she uses herself.
- These pert and blowsy schoolgirls, with hideous voices, and arrogant curls, or crimped lion-manes of aggressive hair!