blowtorchnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbləʊ.tɔːtʃ/ us /ˈbloʊ.tɔːrtʃ/ UK also blowlamp
Examples from literature
- A lot of cable to fit, and no blowtorch, and you tell me we can manage!
- Mostly things like hacksaws and an electric drill, and a circular scar where a blowtorch had been sitting.
- She could not see what possible use Johnny could have for a quart of cabinet glue, for instance, or for a blowtorch, or soldering iron, or brass wire, or for any of the other things named in the list.
- That made us think we might use it up to flavor a Welsh Rabbit, instead of the Worcestershire sauce, but we couldn't melt it with anything less than a blowtorch.
- The idea is to put into the tube hot paraffin and apply pressure here, and then with a plumber's blowtorch keep the paraffin heated.