bluejaynoun [ C ]uk /ˈbluː.dʒeɪ/ us /ˈbluː.dʒeɪ/
Examples from literature
- And there's another thing: in good, clean, out-and-out scolding, a bluejay can beat anything alive.
- Nothing but a bluejay could possibly get down to the creek below.
- The bluejay was entirely occupied with his own business of breaking into another bird's nest and eating the eggs.
- The harsh scream of a bluejay struck a discord through her reverie.
- The little girl had parrot feathers tied to her forehead and a bunch of plumes from the bluejay stood up from the back of her head.