boarnoun [ C ]uk /bɔːr/ us /bɔːr/
Examples from literature
- Ever since that date, for five hundred years, a boar's head has graced the college table at Christmas.
- Several large hogs and boars had been brought from thence which had weighed, when fattened, from one hundred and eighty to three hundred and six pounds.
- The first of these was an enormous brute, evidently the boar we wanted.
- This boar was afterwards shot by one of my people in an adjacent jungle—at least a boar was shot, which we infer must have been the one in question, as since then my garden has not been disturbed.
- To his extreme amazement, the identical boar which had caused all his trouble and fatigue, appeared closely followed by both the dogs.