Bolsheviknoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɒl.ʃə.vɪk/ us /ˈboʊl.ʃə.vɪk/
adjective [ U ] uk us
noun [ U ] uk /ˈbɒl.ʃə.vɪ.zəm/ us /ˈboʊl.ʃə.vɪ.zəm/
Examples from literature
- All Asia lies open to Bolshevik ambitions.
- The Bolshevik leaders were not long in showing their hand.
- The Bolshevik soldiers stood to attention and listened to me with great interest.
- The Bolsheviks comprised chiefly Jews and Germans, who were exceedingly active and enterprising.
- What motive is possible except idealism, love of mankind, non-economic motives of the sort that Bolsheviks decry?