bookcasenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʊk.keɪs/ us /ˈbʊk.keɪs/
Examples from literature
- But a half-open panel in the wall showed a bookcase crowded with books.
- But there was Lady Rose turning round from the bookcase as they came in.
- He noticed her eyeing the book, and got up to put it back in the bookcase.
- In a small dining-room where space is limited, a set of shelves like a single bookcase is useful.
- Some water-color drawings were pinned against the walls, and a well-filled bookcase stood in a recess beside the fireplace.