bookkeepingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈbʊkˌkiː.pɪŋ/ us /ˈbʊkˌkiː.pɪŋ/
noun [ C ] uk /ˈbʊkˌkiː.pər/ us /ˈbʊkˌkiː.pɚ/
Examples from literature
- A thorough and comprehensive system of bookkeeping and accounting was installed.
- At first Albert made almost no mistakes in his bookkeeping, was almost painfully careful.
- It is simply a matter of arithmetic and bookkeeping.
- She has a choice among stenography, bookkeeping, and machine operating.
- They taught bookkeeping and some of the fundamental principles of commercial transactions.