bordernoun [C]uk /bɔː.dər/ us /ˈbɔːr.dɚ/
border noun [C] (DIVISION)
- Thousands of troops have massed along the border in preparation for an invasion.
- Strasbourg is on the border of France and Germany.
- Illegal immigrants are sent back across the border if they are caught.
- The border guards stopped me and asked to see my papers.
- Checkpoint Charlie used to be the most famous border crossing between East and West Berlin.
border noun [C] (EDGE)
borderverbuk /bɔː.dər/ us /ˈbɔːr.dɚ/
border verb (FORM EDGE)
border verb (BE NEXT TO)