bordernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɔː.dər/ us /ˈbɔːr.dɚ/
border noun [ C ] (DIVISION)
Were you stopped at the border?
- Thousands of troops have massed along the border in preparation for an invasion.
- Strasbourg is on the border of France and Germany.
- Illegal immigrants are sent back across the border if they are caught.
- The border guards stopped me and asked to see my papers.
- Checkpoint Charlie used to be the most famous border crossing between East and West Berlin.
border noun [ C ] (EDGE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words