- She's strong without being bossy.
- Stop being so schoolmarmish and bossy!
- Blake may seem bossy, but I'll tell you it's Lisa that really wears the trousers in that relationship.
- My older sister was very bossy.
- Girls of that age can get quite bossy.
adverb uk /ˈbɒs.əl.i/ us /ˈbɑː.səl.i/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈbɒs.i.nəs/ /ˈbɑː.si.nəs/
Examples from literature
- Aunt Rebecca's funny and bossy but I like to go to her house, it's so little and cute, everything.
- Once they quarreled, and he raged that she was as "bossy" as his wife and far more whining when he was inattentive.
- She's too bossy.
- Terribly particular, you know, and bossy and domineering.
- You are getting mighty bossy since you're able to hobble around, as you call it.