botanynoun [ U ]uk /ˈbɒt.ən.i/ us /ˈbɑː.t̬ən.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Here I can saunter in a green-house among plants and heaths, studying botany and beauty.
- His leisure time was given up to natural history, and especially to mineralogy and botany.
- I spoke just now of the time when England was joined to France, as bearing on Hampshire botany.
- In this same leisurely manner I studied zoology and botany.
- When his shop was closed he would go out on the hills, and there spend his time studying geology and botany.