botherverbuk /ˈbɒð.ər/ us /ˈbɑː.ðɚ/
bother verb (MAKE AN EFFORT)
- I don't know why he bothers to bet - his horses always come in last.
- Don't bother drying the pans - just leave them to drain.
- It peeves me that she didn't bother to phone.
- Why bother getting up at all when you don't have a job to go to?
- They went to a lot of trouble for their dinner party, but half the guests didn't bother to turn up.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
bother verb (WORRY)
bother verb (ANNOY)
bothernounuk /ˈbɒð.ər/ us /ˈbɑː.ðɚ/
bother noun (EFFORT)
bother noun (ANNOYING)
botherexclamationuk /ˈbɒð.ər/ us /ˈbɑː.ðɚ/ UK old-fashioned