bow windownoun [ C ]uk /ˌbəʊ ˈwɪn.dəʊ/ us /ˌboʊ ˈwɪn.doʊ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- How brightly the silver moon shines in that little bow window!
- Paul gave the order, and went back to his new sitting-room, seating himself before his office table, as he called the one which was placed in the bow window.
- The day's proceedings began at nine o'clock with a regal breakfast, partaken of at a very long table which ran into a bow window.
- They went into a jewelry store beyond, with a square low bow window and white trimming, where he purchased a ring with a ruby, and small gold bracelets with locks and chains.
- Through the open bow window of the great oak parlour of the inn was heard the mighty voice of the president, who was now in the thick of his political toasts.