bowel movementnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbaʊ.əl ˌmuːv.mənt/ us /ˈbaʊ.əl ˌmuːv.mənt/ polite expression
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- And in order to secure this regular bowel movement, regularity in the time of going to the toilet is a prime necessity.
- I asked him about his bowel function and he said that he was never constipated, had "a daily bowel movement without a lot of straining."
- Most people think they are not constipated because they have a bowel movement almost every day, accomplished without straining.
- There should be at least one bowel movement of this kind each day.
- This will in nearly all cases insure a speedy and satisfactory bowel movement.