brandynoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈbræn.di/ us /ˈbræn.di/
- After dinner we drank coffee laced with brandy.
- Try whipping a little brandy or other liqueur into the cream.
- I keep a bottle of brandy purely for medicinal purposes - it's good for shock.
- It's traditional to drink brandy from a brandy glass.
- There was quite a selection of different brandies on the supermarket shelf.
Examples from literature
- A multitude of ladies and gentlemen were ranged under the trees before them, sipping coffee, wine, or brandy.
- He only drank wine though, never brandy.
- I rang the bell and ordered Rogers to give him a brandy and soda.
- Some persons soak the apricots in brandy.
- Then Holmes hurried with a cushion for his head, and I with brandy for his lips.