braziernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbreɪ.zi.ər/ us /ˈbreɪ.ʒ.ɚ/
brazier noun [ C ] (FIRE)
Examples from literature
- He welcomed us very cordially and invited us to sit down before the fire burning in the copper brazier.
- More than this the flickering brazier would not permit me to see.
- The brilliant light, a lamp burning on the bench, a brazier full of coals flaring in the forge, increased her confusion still more.
- There was a charcoal brazier going in the middle with two or three mess tins of char boiling away.
- There were too few blankets, no braziers, and the cheap black shoes of civil life were soon in tatters.