brewerynoun [ C ]uk /ˈbrʊə.ri/ us /ˈbrʊr.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A workman at a brewery last week fell into a large vat of beer.
- In all that State there is not, now, a single distillery or brewery in operation, nor a single open bar-room.
- Its commercial activities—pottery and tile-making, breweries and flour mills, linen and silk manufacture, are mostly modern and have been fostered by the exceptional railway facilities.
- The cellars and coolers of the breweries in this country should have a northern aspect, and the cellars principally ventilated from east to west.
- They took the residue or waste from the breweries and extracting the bitter hops taste from the dried yeast produced a substitute for beef extract.