bridesmaidnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbraɪdz.meɪd/ us /ˈbraɪdz.meɪd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- always a bridesmaid, never the bride idiom
- arranged marriage
- bachelor party
- bachelorette party
- give sb away
- go/walk down the aisle idiom
- golden anniversary
- golden wedding anniversary
- guard of honour
- hen night
- register office
- registry office
- ruby anniversary
- shotgun wedding
- shower tea
Examples from literature
- Bridegroom-men and bridesmaids had formerly important duties.
- His two daughters will no doubt consent to be Lady Mary's bridesmaids.
- I said I thought of having no other bridesmaid.
- Meanwhile refreshments had been served to all the bridesmaids and, maid-servants.
- On no account must the bridesmaids walk either up or down the aisle with the ushers!