bridgenounuk us /brɪdʒ/
bridge noun (LARGE STRUCTURE)
- The island is joined to the mainland by a road bridge.
- The children ran down the bank, over the bridge and along the path.
- They're building a new bridge across the river.
- A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
- The new railway bridge is an incredible sight to behold.
bridge noun (PART OF A SHIP)
bridge noun (NOSE)
bridge noun (GAME)
bridge noun (TEETH)
bridgeverb [T]uk us /brɪdʒ/
bridge verb [T] (BRING TOGETHER)
bridge verb [T] (BUILD)