bridge noun (LARGE STRUCTURE)
the Brooklyn Bridge
- The island is joined to the mainland by a road bridge.
- The children ran down the bank, over the bridge and along the path.
- They're building a new bridge across the river.
- A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
- The new railway bridge is an incredible sight to behold.
bridge noun (PART OF A SHIP)
bridge noun (NOSE)
bridge noun (GAME)
bridge noun (TEETH)
bridge noun (MUSICAL INSTRUMENT)
bridgeverb [ T ]uk /brɪdʒ/ us /brɪdʒ/
bridge verb [ T ] (BRING TOGETHER)
bridge verb [ T ] (BUILD)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: