bring sth about
— phrasal verb with bring uk /brɪŋ/ us /brɪŋ/ verb [ T ] brought, brought
- It took hours of negotiations to bring about a reconciliation between the two sides.
- Rampant corruption brought about the downfall of the government.
- The invention of the contraceptive pill brought about profound changes in the lives of women.
- The 20th century brought about revolutionary changes in our lifestyles.
- Ten years of incompetent government had brought about the virtual collapse of the country's economy.