briochenoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈbri.ɒʃ/ us /ˈbri.ɑːʃ/
Examples from literature
- And I have brought some brioches.
- One French bakery prepares the brioches in loaf form and when cold it is cut in slices and steeped in orange syrup.
- Prepare a dough as for a brioche and when ready for the pans turn on a molding board.
- Prepare the dough as for brioche, adding one cupful of finely shredded almonds when ready to mould for the pan.
- The actual preparation of the brioche involves very little trouble and can be made from bread dough on baking day.