brokenverbuk /ˈbrəʊ.kən/ us /ˈbroʊ-/
brokenadjectiveuk /ˈbrəʊ.kən/ us /ˈbroʊ-/
broken adjective (DAMAGED)
- Never try to mend a broken machine without disconnecting it from the electricity supply.
- He put a sheet of plastic over the broken window.
- The shower is broken - you'll have to have a bath.
- She had an X-ray to see if any of her ribs were broken.
- Be careful - there's broken glass on the kitchen floor.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
broken adjective (INTERRUPTED)
broken adjective (ENDED)