brown sugarnoun [ U ]uk /ˌbraʊn ˈʃʊɡ.ər/ us /ˌbraʊn ˈʃʊɡ.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- Cover well with brown sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon and the grated peel of a lemon.
- Grease the pan very thickly with shortening and then spread one cupful brown sugar and one-half cupful of currants or small seedless raisins evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- One should use brown sugar in place of white wherever possible, or use the pure New Orleans molasses.
- Season with salt, pepper, brown sugar and dots of butter.
- Ten minutes before removing from the oven sprinkle thickly with brown sugar and cinnamon.