Buddhismnoun [ U ]uk /ˈbʊd.ɪ.zəm/ us /ˈbʊd.ɪ.zəm/
- The children told me they're learning about Buddhism in R.E. this term.
- Buddhism does not have one special sacred book, unlike several other major religions.
- The practice of meditation is a very important part of Buddhism.
- He gradually became disillusioned with his faith and later converted to Buddhism.
- This teaching pack gives basic history and information about Buddhism.
Examples from literature
- Buddhism, with its belief in the oneness or unity of all things, was imported from China.
- In Japan, tattooing was an important part of tribal culture, but after the introduction of Chinese culture and Buddhism in the 6th century, it began to lose popularity.
- While Buddhism and Shinto are officially separate, in reality most people practice them together.