budgetnounuk us /ˈbʌdʒ.ɪt/
- The school budget is going to be cut again this year.
- The project went over budget because of a miscalculation at the planning stage.
- She managed to complete her last film well within budget.
- I propose that we wait until the budget has been announced before committing ourselves to any expenditure.
- People on limited budgets should avoid travelling during the holiday season if they can.
budgetverb [I or T]uk us /ˈbʌdʒ.ɪt/
- They simply said that they had not budgeted for pay increases this year.
- More people are using home computers to help them plan and budget efficiently.
- The financial director says he's budgeting for a full computer upgrade in the New Year.
- Make sure you've budgeted carefully and know that you can actually afford the expense.
- This price rise means that the bill is going to be much higher than we have budgeted for.