building sitenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɪl.dɪŋ ˌsaɪt/ us /ˈbɪl.dɪŋ ˌsaɪt/
Examples from literature
- And to that end he had already bought a building site on Fifth Avenue, but held it in the name of the firm as though it had been acquired for purposes purely speculative.
- If the building site be high, and in a gravelly, or sandy soil, neither drain nor flooring will be required.
- If you've nothing better to do on Sunday, come down with me to Robin Hill, and give me your opinion on a building site.
- It was a truly desirable building site.
- Still, some families find it advisable to rent for a year or so, meanwhile studying the local conditions and selecting a building site.