bulkheadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʌlk.hed/ us /ˈbʌlk.hed/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A row of shelves crossed the bulkhead and some water lay in the angle where the slanted floor met the side sheathing.
- As the profile shows, the vessel is divided by transverse bulkheads into seven watertight compartments, and there are double bottoms.
- He sat upright on the locker in front of the stove, with his head leaning back against the bulkhead.
- The hull is divided into six water-tight compartments by steel bulkheads.
- There were no decks or bulkheads, nothing but an intricate network of ladders connecting the various operating positions of the spaceship.
- To the right opened the master's stateroom, and a door in the forward bulkhead led to the galley.