bullfightnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʊl.faɪt/ us /ˈbʊl.faɪt/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ C ] uk /ˈbʊlˌfaɪ.tər/ us /ˈbʊlˌfaɪ.t̬ɚ/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈbʊlˌfaɪ.tɪŋ/ us /ˈbʊlˌfaɪ.t̬ɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- By this the whole matter had presented itself to them as an entertainment more diverting than bullfight or bear-baiting.
- He didn't himself agree that the bullfight was so much crueller than most organised activities of men.
- He had fallen into that lecturer's manner she had noticed on the first night at the office, when he had told them about bullfights.
- He has won twelve hundred pounds at the bullfights.
- When not thus engaged he may be seen excitedly watching a bullfight, or eagerly judging the merits of rival wrestlers, boxers, and fencers.