bullfinchnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʊl.fɪntʃ/ us /ˈbʊl.fɪntʃ/
Examples from literature
- A bullfinch pipes now and then further up the hedge where the brambles and thorns are thickest.
- But at that time no seeds or fruits fit for bullfinches to eat existed on the islands.
- Goldfinches, bullfinches, a few thrushes, and other autumn birds, were sitting in the aspen trees.
- The last noise I heard was the whistling of a bullfinch.
- There is no sound but the scratching of the quill pen as it flies over the paper, and the chirping of a bullfinch in a cage in the bow-window.