bullynoun [C]uk us /ˈbʊl.i/
- It takes courage to stand up to a bully.
- He was one of those school bullies who tyrannized the whole playground.
- Don't be such a bully - if she doesn't want to come with us, she doesn't have to.
- The playground bully used to take our dinner money off us.
- The management team should stop acting like bullies and try to discuss the problem with us reasonably.
bullyverb [T]uk us /ˈbʊl.i/
- He has a strong personality, but don't let him bully you.
- Don't be bullied, learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.
- It is important that you report it to the teacher if you see anyone being bullied.
- He bullied me into getting the surgery done, and I'm glad now that he did.
- When you are bullied, it can destroy your self-esteem.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: