bumblebeenoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʌm.bəl.biː/ us /ˈbʌm.bəl.biː/
Examples from literature
- A bumblebee blundered by Val's head on its way to visit the morning-glories.
- A bumblebee flew in the open window and buzzed dangerously near the hero's head.
- A tired bumblebee hums past, rolls lazily over a clover blossom at your feet, and has his midday luncheon.
- All at once, out of one of them, there flew a big buzzing bumblebee.
- Now and then a dove flashed by, and a golden bumblebee blundered into the chamber.