bumpverbuk /bʌmp/ us /bʌmp/
bump verb (HIT)
- I bumped my head and was concussed for several days.
- He's got a bruise where he bumped his leg against the corner of the table.
- I bumped my head as I was getting into the car.
- The car skidded off the road and bumped into a tree.
- The removal men kept bumping the furniture against the walls and chipping the paint.
bump verb (TRAVEL)
bump verb (MOVE)
bumpnoun [C]uk /bʌmp/ us /bʌmp/
bump noun [C] (RAISED AREA)
bump noun [C] (HIT)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
bump noun [C] (INCREASE)