Bunsen burnernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʌn.sən ˌbɜː.nər/ us /ˈbʌn.sən ˌbɝː.nɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Add the rest of the silver chloride and heat slowly over a Bunsen burner until it begins to fuse.
- Heat gently over a Bunsen burner, cool, and weigh.
- It is heated by one or two Bunsen burners, according to the temperature desired.— Jour.
- The tube is dried by aspirating air through it, and gently warming with a Bunsen burner.
- When it is dry, the cup is heated on a pipe-clay triangle over a Bunsen burner, or on a slab of asbestos in a muffle, to a dull-red heat.