buntingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈbʌn.tɪŋ/ us /ˈbʌn.t̬ɪŋ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Our national colors were to be seen everywhere, even the lighthouse on the point being draped from top to bottom in clouds of red, white and blue bunting.
- The bunting in front of the booths was pulled off, and the lines began to move.
- The city was regally adorned with flags and bunting and illumination and music everywhere.
- They made a parade showing, being six in number and gaily decorated with flags and bunting.
- Triumphal arches were erected across Broadway, houses and stores were decorated with bunting, cannons boomed, and bells rang.