burialnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈber.i.əl/ us /ˈber.i.əl/
We went back to Ireland for my uncle's burial.
- Nearby another team is excavating some possible Stone-Age burials.
- The soldiers' bodies will be flown back to the UK for burial.
- From the finds in the grave, and the location, we are confident that this is a Roman burial.
- All the burials that have take place in the parish are recorded in this register.
- In the course of his duties the minister will also conduct baptisms, marriages and burials.